ABOUT PEEL COAT BLASTED METAL
Rust-Oleum® Peel Coat® Blasted Metal is a line of premium peelable rubber coatings that create a textured, metallic finish. Each metallic finish enables infinite customization for wheel rims, trim and more! The all-weather coating offers durable protection providing resistance against scratches, rust and road debris.
- Peelable rubber coating allows you to change your look whenever you want
- Simple to remove by peeling the film
- Works on metal, plastic, chrome, glass and more
- Safe to wash by hand or through an automatic car wash
- Recommended removal within 6 months
BEST PRACTICES WHEN APPLYING PEEL COAT
- Wash vehicles thoroughly and ensure you’ve removed any wax or grease from the surface.
- Make sure the surface is completely dry before applying Peel Coat.
- Cover and mask off any areas that should not be painted with tape, plastic sheeting, etc.
- Hold the spray can 8-10” from the surface and spray slowly and steadily.
- Target 50% coverage on the first coat and apply four or more coats for complete coverage. The more coats, the easier the paint is to remove.
- Allow each coat to dry to a finish. This should take about 5-10 minutes between coats.
- Begin removing tape and other masking immediately after the last coat has been applied to keep clean edges. If you wait too long, the coating may adhere too much to the tape.
- Let Peel Coat set for at least one hour before touching or driving the vehicle, wait at least 24 hours before washing.
- To peel the coating off, slowly rub along one edge until it begins to peel back and work slowly from the edges.
- For best results, remove Peel Coat within 6 months.